Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I washed 2 loads of clothes just fine. I have a GE Profile

I washed 2 loads of clothes just fine. I have a GE Profile Harmony washer and dryer. Went to do the 3rd load, nothing happens when I touch the touchpad. I've turned power off and then back on-still nothing. The touchpad lights up.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The touch pad lights up but will not respond to any touch?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

correct

Okay, and when you say you shut the power off, was that at the machine or at the breaker or wall outlet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The machine power button

Thank you! Can you unplug the washer for about 5 minutes, then plug it back in and see if the behavior changes, please? Let me know what happens, please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX posted!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay I plugged back in, turned on-touchpad still not working

Okay, so nothing on the pad is responding to touch? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where do I find the model number?

It should be on a tag under the lid or on top of the control console.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

WPGT9350C0PL

Thank you! The touch pad should have rest with a power cycle. The fact that it did not and is still unresponsive means it is likely faulty and in need of replacement. This is a very common problem for these machines. The touch pad is quite expensive and only comes as a complete assembly. It is accessed and installed from the rear of the machine after removing the access panels. The correct part for your model is pictured and available below. It is very easy to install, all connections will just plug in. I will be happy to help with the installation once you receive the part. There is, of course, no extra charge for the follow up.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Touch Screen Assembly <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay I just picked myself up off the floor-lol! This washer is only 5 yrs old about. I can buy a new washer for that price. I will have to think on this. I unplugged it again and will try again in the morning.

Thank you for your help.

I understand, it is ridiculous! Have a great evening in spite of it!