Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience
63955563

problem with temp control on both freezer and refrigerator

Customer Question

problem with temp control on both freezer and refrigerator sides
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

What is the model# XXXXX the data sticker of this unit please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

one second please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

jcd2295kep

Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I have diagrams up for this model. What kind of problems are we having with the temp controls. Please be as specific as possible, you are my eyes and ears for the unit.....Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the freezer temp is rising and the refrigerator temp lowering freezing everything

Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.

You hear the fan running in the freezer, and do you notice frost on the inside rear panel of the freezer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the freezer is not the biggest issue. the refrigerator is freezing everything now. now it seems the freezer is lower temp -5 instead above after being adjusted.

Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.

With the freezer door closed, open the fridge door and feel for airflow at the upper left vent of the fridge section please. Do you feel airflow?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't think there is..if so very very little

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did you send a response. I don't see anything yet it is saying your responded after the air flow question

Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.

You will need to replace air damper, part# XXXXX $53. Seal around new damper, after installed when the door is closed, where air leakage is felt with silicon caulk. Here is the sears website where you can get the part, and view how it sets behind the vent for replacement assistance. If this information has assisted you, please give me a great to good rating for doing so.....Thank you.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Jenn-air-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/Model-JCD2295KEP/1266/0165000/M0703157/00005?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=JCD2295KEP

Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.
I see that you have not been able to give me a good to great rating.....Was there anymore information that you needed on your question?