Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience
63955563

i am getting a suds signal as soon as i start the wash. Even

i am getting a suds signal as soon as i start the wash. Even when I don't put soap in it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

What is the model# XXXXX this washer, should be right there when you open the door normally.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is a maytag front load washer steam cleaner 5000 series. The model number is XXXXX

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Are you getting a F35 code with the SUD error

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Ok, make sure you are using HE detergent....THIS VERY IMPORTANT. If you are, run the rinse/spin cycle, or drain/spin cycle. If you see suds, then run several time until clear. If no suds, take the top cover of the washer off again. Look at the back right corner, there is the pressure switch, it will have a small tube connected to it. Make sure the tube is not damaged. It good, then unplug/replug the wire harness to the switch. Unplug the washer for 30 seconds, then run another cycle. If the code reappears, replace the pressure switch, part# XXXXX about $89. If this information has assisted you, please give a good to great rating.....Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i am using HE detergent. I get the suds signal on every cycle that I try to run. How do I take the top cover off? I took the bottom off of the front panel.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Couple screws on back of cover, push it back just a bit, then lift off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok i am doing that now

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
10/4
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I take the power switch off just pull it like it was plugged into the wall. Trying not to damage it from my stupidity.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Here is a video to help from you tube. Also make sure the big hose under the tub is clear of debree, and the filter as well. This is behind the lower front panel that you had off before....Thank again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wjhrB-4f20

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I blew into the little black hose and it made a gurgling sound. I put it back together and it is working so far. I will go ahead and purchase the pressure switch to be on the safe side. On another note. MY machine is letting out the fabric softener as soon as I turn on the washing machine. I read that it could be a plastic switch that is broke!!!!!! Is that right and if so I will order that part also.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I have not ran into that softener problem you are having before. Try fill the softener bin about 1/2 as much, and see if that works. If not, then you may be correct, if your read other having the same problem. I am really not sure on that one. Thanks again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX i go to rate you

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Just click on the Smiley face when closing out your question, thanks again
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience: 15yrs experience