Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.
15929851

Samsung VRT Steam Dryer, Md DV448AEP. Dryer powers on, Filter

Samsung VRT Steam Dryer, Md DV448AEP. Dryer powers on, Filter Check light comes on in viewer box, allows for mode selection, door switch working. Will do nothing upon pushing resume button. Needing help John
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

repairguy :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today

repairguy :

Can you please give me the complete model number so I can get literature on this unit

Customer:

DV448

Customer:

DV448AEP/Xaa

Customer:

r u there

repairguy :

thank you give me a second while i look at literature

repairguy :

sorry for the delay it will be just a second

repairguy :

Do you have a multimeter so we can test different components

Customer:

yes

repairguy :

ok we are going to test the motor first, you can do this from the control

repairguy :

With power off read resistance between RY1 Brown and CN7 Blue. Resistance reading of good motor circuit is about 1.9Ω. To test thermostat and switch use ohm meter on lowest scale, any resistance replace component

Customer:

where is this plug located. I have a 3 wire, y,Bl. br, located on the upper right. and a 6 wire plug to the left on the back on the of the control panel

repairguy :

I am sending you a link that will assist us both when talking about where to test,

Customer:

ok

repairguy :

on page 4 you will see where different connectors are located

Customer:

looking

repairguy :

ok

Customer:

is this bd behind the control panel?

repairguy :

When you open the control panel you should see the board

Customer:

yes there are two, left-small and right -large.

repairguy :

I dont know without looking, is there not one board that looks like the picture

Customer:

No, I am in the front of the machine, behind the control panel.

Customer:

Is this board accessed front or the back of the machine?

repairguy :

When you take off the rear cover , you can have the console come down so you can see it from the front. It is the larger of the two boards with the relay on it

Customer:

No board on the front that fits this description. Mine is located above the drum, left side.

repairguy :

Ok, i am sorry, did you remove the lid?

Customer:

Found the board, trying to locate plugs.

repairguy :

I am sorry I was sending you in the wrong direction. Yes the board on the side is the board we are talking about

Customer:

I have located the two wires. should i unplug connectors from board and measure on wire side?

repairguy :

yes with the power off

Customer:

Measures open.

repairguy :

does your meter read ohms

Customer:

yes

repairguy :

it should be reading 1.9 ohms

Customer:

reading open

repairguy :

I would have been leading towards this board over the motor. Does the display light up

Customer:

yes

repairguy :

From what you are telling me it sounds as though you have a bad motor

Customer:

just to double check, I pulled the plugs off these two connections and measured inside the connector side not the board side from blue to brown

repairguy :

Same results?

Customer:

yes

repairguy :

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drive-Motor/DC9300101F/2309730?RCAID=1000116 Here is a link to where you can buy the motor assy, it is a very good website, with a very liberal return policy if the part you order does not repair it, but if the motor is reading like you say then this will solve your problem.

Customer:

ok. thanks. will probably call a service tech.

Rick, Repair Guy
Experience: 25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.