John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a Maytag Washer and theres a lot of unknown black moldy

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Washer and there's a lot of unknown black moldy particals that show up in the wash and rinse cycle. I've used detergent and run through the full wash cycle (no clothes) several times with no effect. Please advise
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 3 years ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

Can I get the complete model number of the washer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hold on ... I'll check.

Expert:  Chas replied 3 years ago.
Expert:  Chas replied 3 years ago.
DId you get that model number for me?