Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a maytag refrigerator model MSF2732GR*. The ice maker

I have a maytag refrigerator model MSF2732GR*. The ice maker just stopped working. the water in the door works fine. The temperater in the fridge is 40 degrees and is set in the middle. The filter needs replaced, which I am going to do tonight. Any more ideas to get the ice maker to work. It feels like there is ice in the slots, but not sure. No ice build up at all in freezer compartment. thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 12 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

The fingers that remove the ice from the icemaker to the bin, how far above the ice mold are they located at this time?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Where exactly are these located? Are they on the side of the molds?

Expert:  Chas replied 12 months ago.
there should be plastic fingers that rotate and remove the ice from the ice maker, they should be visible and about 1/2 inch above the mold. Also please recheck the model number of the unit, this shows not to be a valid number in my database...

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Label on fridge

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

We do not see any fingers at all.

Expert:  Chas replied 12 months ago.
This is not the model number, the model number will be on a label on the wall of the fridge side or ceiling of the fridge side. look there..

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Maytag side-by-side refrigerator model MSD 2732GR.....did you see the pic of the model number that is on the door?

Expert:  Chas replied 12 months ago.
okay here is a pic of the ice maker

You see those 8 fingers on the ice maker that are sticking up? are they in that position now?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

no they are not

Expert:  Chas replied 12 months ago.
David,
you have a bad icemaker then, the motor has gone out in it, you will need to replace it, you can click on the blue link below to order teh replacement, takes allof 20 minutes to replace..

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I will certainly give you a high rating, but what about the fingers makes you know that that the ice maker has gone south? Also, I am fairly mechanically inclined, is this something I can replace?

Expert:  Chas replied 12 months ago.
The fingers always park at the 1/2" position, and when the motor goes out they are usually not seen at all, I have replaced a lot of these icemakers because of it, that is why I asked about where the fingers were when looking at it..

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech