Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Hi, I am trying to find the error message on the Frigidaire

Hi, I am trying to find the error message on the Frigidaire Affinity Dryer FAQE7001LW.
I followed the instructions on the Dryer Tech Data Sheet.

But, after I press and hold Select and Cancel for the second time, I don't hear the buzzer sound three times and I don't see the digit display.

Can someone walk me through the steps to get the error message?

Thank you
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Did you get it to beep the first time after holding for 6 seconds? Is the cycle knob in the 3rd position from the left?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did get it to beep after holding for the six seconds. Is the third position from the left the 9 o'clock position?

Well, all the way to the left would be position 1, so two clicks would be the third position.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On the knob Casual is the 12 o'clock position, two clicks to the left would be the Bulky postion, is that correct?

You want to start all the way to the left and go two clicks to the right.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does all the way to the left mean the 9 o'clock position?

If that is where it stops, yes. I can't get a picture of your control panel, so I am not sure. Turn the knob to the left until it stops, then turn two clicks to the right.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The knob doesn't stop, but the blinking lights go out if I turn it three clicks to the left. If I put the knob so that it is pointing straight up, how to I turn it from there?

What is the cycle that is showing in the farthest left position?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bulky

Okay, set the dial to bulky, then go two clicks right.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, to clicks to the right would be the Casual position.

Okay, then try to get it into diagnostics.

2. Press and hold SELECT and CANCEL simultaneously for six seconds. The buzzer will sound one time.

3. Immediately press and hold SELECT and CANCEL for six seconds. The control will enter Field Test Mode, the buzzer will sound three times, and the digit display will alternate between "Fld" and the firmware revision number (ex. "r03").

4. Rotate the cycle selector knob two turns clockwise. The error code will appear in the digit display.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can't get into the diagnostics. Once I turn the knob to the Bulky position, do I turn it two clicks clockwise?

Yes, then do the keys steps above.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Write now the lights are blinking and there is a beeping sound. When I press Select and Cancel, it doesn't do anything, just the lights and beeps continue.

Well, if you are doing as the tech sheet suggests, th control is likely faulty. Unplug the machine for 10 minutes and see what happens. What is the machine doing that you need to look for error codes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It doesn't start, the lights are blinking.

Okay, if you open and close the door, does the drum light go on and off?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes

Okay, unplug for 10 minutes and see what happens.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will do

Sounds good, thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The dryer started working again, I'm not sure why. I never got to run the diagnostics, so I don't know what the error message was or why it stopped working in the first place.

Thank you for your help,

Rudi

The control must have gotten glitched somehow?!

Power cycling resets the control.

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!