Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Hello Sir, I have a new Crosley heavy duty washer, and when

Hello Sir,

I have a new Crosley heavy duty washer, and when I press the start button it just clicks and the lock light flashes and the fill light comes on but the machine will not start its wash cycles. I have pressed and held the start button to reset it and that did not work, then I unplugged it all night and that did not work. what am I doing wrong? what should I try next? Thank you for your help, Lena
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So I just want to start by saying if I was in your house, I'd go through diagnostics and see what error code you're getting, but I've tried to explain how to do this to many people and for some reason they just can't get the sequence to work. So by far, the most likely thing that will cause this issue is your actuator. There is an actuator motor below the tub that switches the shifter next to the motor. To access this part, you need to unplug the washer, tip the washer backwards, and remove the 2 screws going into the plastic cover near the back left corner. That will allow you to access the motor and the actuator to the right of the motor. Remove the screws going into the actuator and replace the actuator.

Now, if you wanted to give it a shot and see if you can pull up an error code, here is the sequence you'll need to go through to display the error code.

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off). (press and hold the start/cancel button for 3 seconds to turn everything off)

2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob. NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence “a” through “e” must be completed within 6 seconds.

RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise to clear sequence.

a. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

b. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

d. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

e. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

Now you are in diagnostics.  Turn the knob until just the "DONE" LED is illuminated.  Push START. The status lights will flash on and off and CL will display if you have a display.

Now turn the dial one click and now the error code is displayed in the form of LEDs.

Fault/error codes are displayed by alternating the state of the Status LEDs in one-second intervals. All fault/error codes have an F# XXXXX an E#. The F# XXXXX “Type of Fault” and the E# XXXXX “Component system where fault is located.”

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not have a display screen. It seems to me that it is so highly unlikely that anything would be faulty on a basically new appliance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Aye, I never said you did. I said "IF" you have a display it will show CL.

But that being said, if there is nothing wrong with the machine, it would be the water supply getting to the washer. That's the only thing that would give you an error code without something being wrong. If you're using stainless steel braided hoses that are flood safe, change them out to the rubber ones that comes with the washer because this washer pulls too much water and will stop the water flow on floodsafe hoses. Otherwise call warranty.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.