Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a 3 stack unit, the microwave "MBBS" doesnt work.

I have a 3 stack unit, the microwave "MBBS" doesn't work. Can I have it fixed or should I replace it? They don't make this model anymore, what should I replace it with?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The microwave is likely able to be repaired, most parts are still available. The most common failure is with the door switches. What exactly is your microwave doing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cooked something for 22minutes and 22 seconds, while I was downstairs. When I came back up the house was full of smoke and the unit wont work. The inside has really darkened. Thermador does sell the parts by new units are not the exact size.

Is it just totally dead?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, it won't budge

Okay, and just to confirm the cabinet inside is discolored now, too?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it is discolored, a brownish.

Okay, I do believe the unit will need to be replaced. The damage seems to be pretty extensive and anytime the interior is damaged, it is usually not repairable. The replacement for your oven is available below. You may need a new trim kit as well, also available at the link below.

The old model is replaced by the new one above, but here is the old unit. They take the same trim kit, so you only need the new microwave!