Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator Model GX5FHTXVY04. The

I have a Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator Model GX5FHTXVY04. The refrig/freezer works but I often notice that the display panel shows straight lines instead of the number I set. When I go to reset it, it starts off at 1 instead of the 4 where I usually set both numbers at. The refrigerator is warmer and I am concerned that it will eventually stop working. I have not done anything yet to the unit.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the straight lines mean that the control board has failed. Try to unplug the unit for 5 minutes and see if the electronics will reset. If it won't reset, then you'll need to order and replace the display board itself. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace to fix the issue.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I reset the refrigerator and the fix lasted 2 weeks. The refrigerator stopped working again and after attempting the reset it still did not work. I purchased the board from RepairClinc on Monday, was shipped on Tuesday and installed it on Wednesday. The refrigerator is working great now.

Thank You

-Mike Foszcz

Awesome, well I'm glad it's all working one way or another now and thank you for the update.