Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

maytag f/l washer plug it in and it gives upside down F E

maytag f/l washer plug it in and it gives upside down F E code Mah6700aww
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the upside down "F" is actually designed to look like a lower case "T" so the error for this unit is actually "tE". This stands for a "thermistor error". The washer thinks that the sensor that measures the temperature of your water has failed and the sensor would need to be ordered and replaced if the connection to the sensor is still secure. The sensor is mounted into the base of the outer plastic tub coming in from the front. Below is a link to the sensor which you can see a picture of so you know what you're looking for.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-thermistor-34001202-ap4044724.html

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!