Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Entire refrigerator is off Circuit is fine --no lights no

Customer Question

Entire refrigerator is off Circuit is fine --no lights no nothing?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you're certain that the refrigerator is getting power from the outlet, there is only one part that would stop power to the entire refrigerator including the lights. Unfortunately that part is the main control board located on the back of your refrigerator. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace to fix this problem. It's all plug and play so if you're handy you can't definitely do it yourself, but the part is about $175 or so.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

What about the possibility it may be the plug?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

What is possibility of a bad plug?

You said the circuitry was good. Run an extension cord to another outlet if you think the outlet is bad.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

the plug itself ?

You mean the power cord? Unless the power cord looks damaged, I have never seen one just "fail"
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

it was a fuse in the control box not only one in the area with said problem

I'm not sure what you mean? The fuse on the control board?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ffuse inside the control board! Fuse just after thecord entrance into the control board
so that fuse in the control board is part of the noise filter assembly and it means that your board itself surged with power so I wouldn't expect that replacing the fuse will last any real length of time without replacing the board along with it.