Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a ge wsm2700hbwww and I need to replace drive hub, how

Customer Question

I have a ge wsm2700hbwww and I need to replace drive hub, how do I remove it and the o ring looks bad, do I need to replace the shaft o ring?
I tried wedging it up with two flat heads... No go!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to helping you! Are you trying to replace part 2310?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

No if you look a tranny schematic it's splined hub at tshaftshaft

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Oh, okay, number 1602, thank you! Once the bolt is removed, it should pop off. However, it gets stuck on the beveled shaft and often times needs some upward encouragement from a hammer. Have you tried that?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

So I gotta get a flat head under the hub and hit with hammer? Is there a rubber o ring, it looks like there is one but when ordering there is no o ring on schematic?? Or is what I'm seeing gunk? My tub spins and drains it doesnt agitate though, trying to fix myself . I'm able to spin shaft left or right with my hand when the agitator is attached....

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
There is no seal there, so it probably is just "gunk" that has built up. Are the splines in the agitator stripped that mesh with the splines on the hub because this part can't really move on the transmission shaft? They don't wear that way due to the design.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

No the teeth are fine if I help a lil it'll move slowly and hardly cclick click then nothing, clutch, tranny????

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Bummer, that is a transmission issue. The gears are stripped inside the transmission. This repair requires a new transmission, new tub seal and bearing. If the machine is in very nice shape, it might be worth doing. I can send you a service manual if you want to repair it. Just let me know and I can get you parts links and that manual!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Yes please do send me the manual and the parts list! I appreciate your help! I'm pretty handy, all I need is direction.... Thank you again!

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Great! The manual says Frigidaire but that is who built your machine.

Transmission Assembly <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Bearing <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Tub Seal Kit <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Service Manual <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE SERVICE MANUAL

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Thanks my concern isn't the motor how long before it goes???

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Thanks my concern is the motor how long before it goes???

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Hard to say but they have a very low failure rate. How old is the machine?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
I was able to research a bit deeper and found the Frigidaire equivalents for the parts you need that will save you a TON of money!

Transmission <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

I also found a video that may help!

Repair Video <----- CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO