Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

ge microwave jkp85woa2ww turntable will not turn and microwave

Customer Question

ge microwave jkp85woa2ww turntable will not turn and microwave does not heat food after already replacing upper door switch and magnetron. once I restored power to the unit, the microwave screen displayed "RESET". Is there a reset process that is necessary? if so, what is it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

This is a common issue on that unit. You need a new control board. GE had a lot of issues with them going out and displaying "Reset". Replace the board and everything will work again just fine. Here is a link to the part. Just copy and paste the link below into your address bar.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I require time to perform the suggested coarse of action. Thank you.

Ok no problem
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Purchased the new control board, powered the unit off and replaced the control board. Upon powering the unit back on the display read RESET again. After setting the time, I placed a cup of cool water in the microwave and started it for a 3 minute cycle. The turntable did not turn and the microwave did not heat the water. What do you suppose is wrong now?

Does it seem like the internal fan is running.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is a fan that runs, apparently exhausting air from the cooking chamber.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you still working to recommend further actions to me?

There could be an issue with a thermal fuse. Have you checked all the thermal fuses for continuity in the unit?