John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

When closing the front of dishwasher,

Customer Question

When closing the front of dishwasher, the ON button on left won't light up the rest of the panel, thus, not being able to choose cycles.
HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Do you have an electrical meter to test with and are you able and comfortable to perform disassembly procedures?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There are no official electricians in the house and you probably know that electrical meters are not a gadget one has on hand. I'm a 70 y/o female who is waiting to have this thing fixed. If it is something you think I can do, then, by all means, please provide the information.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Many houses have a test meter on hand, that is why I asked. There is no way you are going to be able to diagnose and fix the machine without a test meter and some disassembly. I will place your question back to the list.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

And, I will be asking for my deposit back.

Asking me for a test meter is like me asking you if an angiogram machine is in your house to see if you have a blocked artery which is causing your chest pain.

I would like my deposit back please. I am not satisfied with your answer which is the condition for giving your company my amex #.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
There was no answer provided, I just asked you a question. Would you like to wait for another to come on and see if they can help or would you like me to send your deposit in for a refund? There are many more wonderful techs on here that may be able to help you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't mean to be "testy", it's just that I'm visiting my daughter, I need to get things done and I don't have the necessary gadgets to fix the dishwasher.

You have been most kind and polite and yes, I would like my deposit back as it has already been charged to my account.

Thanks

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I totally understand and appreciate the frustration a broken dishwasher can cause. I do think you will need a tech to diagnose this issue. These machines are very difficult to work on and will require a few special tools to even access. So, I am happy to send your deposit in for a refund. I hope you are able to enjoy some time with your daughter and don't let this pesky dishwasher get in the way of that. If you would like a referral to a servicer in your area, please let me know. I will just need your zip code. If I don't hear from you in 5 minutes, I will close this and send it in for a refund. There is, of course, no charge for the referral.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Question #1, do I have to pay for the referral- and--when may I expect the charge reversed?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
No, as stated above, there is no charge for the referral. I will send the deposit in for a refund right away after you get your referral information but I don't know the process after that. I am just a fixer! Wink
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your help.

I am visiting in Durham, NV 27713

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Great! The company below has the best reviews and is a Bosch Authorized Service Center! I have provided a link to their web page. I will wait 5 minutes after sending this before I close this thread to give you time to get to their page. You take care and have a great evening.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Got it. Thanks for your help and give yourself an "A" for trying.

Wish I had a meter, will surely get one.

Thanks again.

Teresa

you can sign me out now