Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

We have just moved and when we had our Miele dishwasher reinstalled,

We have just moved and when we had our Miele dishwasher reinstalled, when we turn it on the start light is yellow. When we press start, the light beside Wash/Rinse is also yellow. The motor hums but no water comes in. The plumber has assured that the water is on. What could be wrong?

Jon : Hello
Jon : my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Miele service tech and I can help you today.
Jon : Sorry of the delayed response to your question. I have just logged on for the night and am just seeing your question for the first time now.
Jon : Your complaint is a common one. And the first thing you need to do is reset the control board and main boards on your dishwasher by flipping the circuit breaker off to the machine for about ten minutes. Then flip it back on. The long power off will reset the boards.
Jon : With power restored please try again to use the dishwasher. If water still doesn't fill in the dishwasher please duck to me make sure that the water supply line to the dish is in fact turns on and fully opened. If it is not the. That is the problem. Turn it back on and check the machine again.
Jon : If the supply line is definitely on and still will not fill up with water you will need to remove the water supply line to the dishwater water valve, after the water supy again is turned off to the machine, and check the hoses and the screens inside them. If the screens are clogged with sediment or other debris gently flush th screens out. Don't remove them.
Jon : If you have a clogged water supply line screen it will prevent any water or enough water from passing through the valve and making its way to the dishwasher. Which would make the lights flash and the dishwasher stop.
Jon : If the filters or screens are not clogged in fill hose check the water valve itself. They will have similar screens and will need to checked in the same way. If those ad clogged clean them in the same at as above. If they are not dirty then put the hoses back along with the water valve.
Jon : Next you will need to check the power coming into the water valve. To do so you need a multi meter with voltage and continuity checks on it. Other you meter take threads of the meter and out it to the wires that are connected to the dishwasher. We should have full 110 volts during a fill cycle. So Turn the dishwasher on then select the normal or regular cycles and out your meter on the wires that go to the water valve and wait for the drain pump to stop pumping out. If you don't have full voltage change the main control board. If you have full voltage to the water valve but still it will not fill change the water valve.
Jon : Please run those checks and get back to me here with what you find and I will continue to help you.
Jon : Thanks.
Customer:

We have tried what we can of this. Power off and back on. Didn't help. Filters look good. We can't see inside the inlet hose.

Was there any sediment built up on the screens of the fill hose to the dishwasher?
If so then that is the issue. They need to be cleaned. if no build up and still no water coming into the dish then you either have a bad control board or water valve.

To check to see which one is bad we need to check for voltage at the water valve during a fill cycle. Of you have voltage and still no water coming on you have a bad valve. If there is no voltage then you have a bad control board.

Parts can be ordered directly through Miele at wee Miele.com or by calling the number off their website.

If you need more help please get back to me here and I will continue helping you for no additional charge. Thanks again for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.