Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Gelato maker; was great. Last 2 or 3 times it would not freeze.

Gelato maker; was great. Last 2 or 3 times it would not freeze. Got plain liquid last time. I took cover off. Compressor works. Gets real cold on bottom of bowl compartment. Fan does not turn on radiator. Fan shaft was not fixed to fan blade. I removed and glued blade to shaft. Still no turn. Nothing looks burned, but I am at a loss. Is there a fan thermostat I should replace, or does it only come on if freon is very hot? -------or is it the fan motor itself? My wife was told to ship it to Dallas. Shipping price would be pretty high, prohibitive if I can do something myself, such as replace a part. Thanks for your time.

---------------Carlo Giordano

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The fan should turn anytime the compressor runs. Can you hear the motor humming? Is the motor getting hot? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I thought the fan should run always, but I have seen some apps. which have a thermostat control for some part or other. Model # XXXXX XXXXX 6000, DeLonghi Gelato maker. Fan does not heat up. Must be a disconnect in circuit. Thank you Kelly.