Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

washer isnt working right. the water just drains out of my

washer isn't working right. the water just drains out of my washer. and when it finally was full after half an hour of filling I could see the water slowly draining out.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you get us the full model number ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

were can I find that in my manual?

is this a top load ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. new. only 4 days old.

oh , Okay is your drain pipe higher than the top of the machine ? also is it tight in the drain pipe so theres no air gap around the drain hose ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no its not higher than the top of machine. top only comes up to about halfway up to machine. I think its pretty tight

okay thats the issue, one the new machines the drain has to be higher than the top of the machine to prevent a siphon, also the hose needs to be a little loose(not stuffed in too tight) so theres air around the drain hose from the machine. if you don't have the pipe the right hight and its too tight it creates a siphon that siphons the water as its filling. you need to raise your drain pipe and at the top make sure theres a space around the drain hose from the machine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much!!!!! you have no idea how frustrated I was but thank you your answer makes sence to a 'dumb' washer user. I really think they should put that in the manual. 'put drain hose higher than washer'!

LOL I know they don't tell you much. just extend it up and leave room around the pipe so its not too tight and your all set. thanks and have a great day, Bryan