Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

I have a GE Adora washer that wont ramp up to spin speed but

I have a GE Adora washer that won't ramp up to spin speed but the tub does go back and forth. The washing machine stops about mid-cycle.

tom goellner :

Please provide the model number of your washer.

Customer:

GE Adora WHDVH660HBB

tom goellner :

We need to see if there are any error codes in memory. to do so the display must be blank , so if it isn't hit POWER until it's blank. Now unplug washer for at least 30 seconds and then plug back in and within 30 seconds of doing so , shut the door and hit SIGNAL button , then DELAY start button , then SIGNAL button again, and finally the DELAY start button again . The display should show t01 . Turn the large round knob one click clockwise and it should display t02 . This is where error codes are shown - hit the Start /Pause button and see if any errors are displayed , if so hit Start / pause again to see if there are more than one. Write down the error codes and report them back to me. Exit the test mode by hitting signal, delay start, signal , and delay start . The washer will return to it's normal state.

Customer:

OK I will try to find the error codes and report them back to your

Customer:

I get E46 as the error

tom goellner :

E46 is drive motor over temperature

tom goellner :

The cheapest available price for this motor is from www.pcappliancerepair.com part # XXXXX - $153.59