Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

DISHWASHER LEAKING OUT CHECK VALVE UNDERNEATH DISHWASHER P/N

DISHWASHER LEAKING OUT CHECK VALVE UNDERNEATH DISHWASHER P/N(NNN) NNN-NNNN I ALREADY REPLACE CHECK VALVE AND IT STILL SPILLS WATER OUT. WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS PROBLEM. MODEL NUMBER DU400CWDB1
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Water will leak out that valve if the drain hose is not attached. There is just a rubber stop in the part you replaced to prevent water from coming back into the unit not going out of the unit. The water will free flow out of the pat you replaced. So if you have the drain routed below the dishwasher(down to the basement)...water will flow out of the machine no matter what. You would need the drain hose routed above the middle of the dishwasher to a syphon gap so you do not have water enter and exit the machine since there is no check valve system on any of these units.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

why would this all of sudden start to leak when it been nonethng connected to dishwasher for years.

Is the drain hose cracked or does it look like water is leaking from the plastic piece you replaced?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it leaking from the plastic piece I replaced. is there suppose to be a hose connected to the other end of check valve. because there isn't one there and never had been. the only hose I have is the one coming from the drain pump going to sink

Go to this link pic: There should be a hose attached to the plastic piece at the top of the pic. There has to be or you will have water everywhere/

http://s160.photobucket.com/user/Zenzoidman/media/Dishwashers/wpl-dw-checkvalvewtmk0000.jpg.html