Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a norcold fridge in my motorhome . Tow years ago they

I have a norcold fridge in my motorhome . Tow years ago they put a up grade kit in it . My serial number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN Retrofitted with a sensor , R 010 It worked off and on until last year when it quit the dealer in Edmonton Ab. Ca. Carefree RV told me to run a magnet over it and the red light went out and it worked good this year . Last week it started to act up again and the magnet wont work this time . I am leaveing on holidays on thur. july 25 . and my fridge wont work again . Please Help my dealer is to busy to look at it .

Thank you Vern Alton at [email protected] or call(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Make sure the magnet is big enough and hold it in the top right corner for as long as it takes you to hear a click. The board may have gotten wet and you may need to dry it out so I would get at the recall box and dry it out if it may have gotten wet from rain.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tryed to hold a magnet on the top right corner it did not work . Do you have something I can try .

Yes I do, but you have already rate me Poor Service. If you would change the rating I would be more than happy to continue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will be glade to add a bonus when we have the fridge working .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will be glade to add a bonus when the fridge is working .

Ok thanks, You need to get at the DC wires that go to the recall box. Take those wires and put them directly to the board...bypassing the box. They are labeled on the board. This should get you up and running until you can get a new recall box.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you I will try that in the morning .

Ok great