Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a dw. Model SHU33A06UC/22

Customer Question

I have a dw. Model SHU33A06UC/22 Believe it or not, during the nite I woke and smelled a burning smell and went in the kitchen. Every button on the washer was pushed, it was running with nothing in it but water was coming out on the floor. My cat had sat on a stool and pressed each button. How do I reset? What can I do? help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Oh Wow ! never heard that one before ! okay so its overflowing now? if so shut the water off under the sink, Also go shut the breaker off to kill the power. have you done that yet ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Actually, it's only leaking now. But when I put on the power button the motor starts and water comes out from underneath the dishwasher. I think I need to reset the whole brain but do not know how to do that. I had a problem a couple of years ago and was able to reset by pressing something and holding it but I don't recall what it is.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
No I know what going on now. this is actually stuck in whats called a flood mode. in order to clear that you will need to take the machine out from under the counters and tip it to its left side. get some towels to catch the water. get all the water out and tip the machine back up and hit cancel. this should run to the end of the cycle and shut off. can you do that ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will have to do this when my son comes home and I have help. A question about "Cancel." There are three buttons to press over "cancel." which one or ones do I press after water is out. I will let you know if this works when I get help. Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
it doesn't matter the normal wash one will work.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't rate you until I try what you suggested. I'll let you know soon. My son is pulling the dishwasher out now. Judy

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

No problem. take your time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok I've done what you said. I then turned on the power and wanted to cancel the normal wash cycle but can't and it just running. Are you telling me that it will drain properly this time and not all over my floor. Help!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

is it draining on the floor now ???

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Water, at this point a small amount, is leaking from somewhere. Does the whole normal wash cycle have to run now. There is nothing in the washer.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
well you may have residual water from the time before. keep a close eye on it while it finishes, let it go through if it will.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will get back to you when it finishes the cycle or floods the kitchen again (ha! hoping not). What a mess! Thanks for your help so far.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
your welcome. if this goes on and on for hours let me know, the float may be stuck if it does,.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What the heck is a float? How long is a regular cycle. Do you know?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
it should finish within an hour. the float is in that pan you drained underneath. it turn the pump on when theres water in the base pan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Can't see that pan I drained. Here's hoping for the best!

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay well I'll be here for a little bit longer. I've been one since 8am est so I am getting tired, if by chance I'm not on and this keeps going open the door and that should at least stop it for tonight and leave me a message and I will see it in the morning. if you want you could shut the circuit breaker off overnight so the cat doesn't do dishes tonight ! LOL I would shut the breaker off if you have to open the door tonight just in case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Leaking big time!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Leaking big time!

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
shut it off and turn the water off under the sink.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did what you said. Sopped a lot of the water out of the machine and let it rest. Turned the power back on this morning. It is definitely stuck in the wash cycle. I've let it run for well over an hour (over two in total) and it just doesn't go through the cycles. What should I do next besides call a Bosch repair person to come to the house?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
these are difficult to work on but if you still have this out or can again remove the side panel and get a long dowel like a wood dowel and push the float down. its hard to get to though thats why you need a long dowel. the float is Styrofoam and looks like this. Float 00165301 Main Product Viewits in the bottom in the base pan. I'll try and find a diagram.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
the float is number 10 on this diagram. if you can push it down then it should stop pumping and you can hit cancel. make sure theres no more water in the bottom also.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think this has moved out of my skill set. Which is the side panel? Rgt or left? Are you positive it is the float. Are you saying that this float is the reason the machine will not drain and therefore the cycle will not stop? What causes this to happen?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Its really hard to say for sure if it is the float to be honest, the left side is the one you should remove. since the cat pressed every button he (or she) may have damaged the control board. I don't want you buying expensive parts and find out its not the issue either. these are difficult machines to test. the float might just be stuck it happens all the time but until you try we wont know unfortunately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't have the tool to get the side panel off. So i think I have to call someone. Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
your welcome. I'm sorry we did as much as we could so far.hopefully they just find the float stuck and it will be fast . thanks. and very best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what to do with this rating. You have been courteous and did some trouble shooting but nothing has worked so I'm really not happy paying $65 for this service when it is going to cost me $229 for the service man to come out. I simple cannot carry out the last suggestion and there is not guarantee that this was the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I want you to know how frustrated I am with you. The very first question I asked was how to reset the cycle. You never answered that question; you said it didn't make any difference which of the cancel buttons to hit. Well, the repair man is here and it does make a difference. He pressed the first and third button on cancel and the cycle was reset and ended!!! That is the question I asked you. You gave me the wrong answer. I don't want to pay. Also the float is easily visible once the the panel is off.
You don't need a dowel!! Please know I am letting whoever is in charge know that I am NOT satisfied. Judy XXXX.

Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I’m Michelle, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Michelle-Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I feel I am communicating with a machine, not a person. If you read what I wrote you would see that I am totally unhappy with what transpired and that I was not given very basic information that would have solved my problem. I am not satisfied and your ad reads, "100 satisfaction guaranteed." I am not sure what I have to do to get my $ back. Better business bureau??? Please respond to my complaint and not to my original problem. Judith XXXX

Judith,

We will close your question and return your good faith deposit. If you used paypal it will show up immediately if you used a credit card, while we process it immediately it does take the banks 3-4 business days to credit it to your account.

Thank you for trying JustAnswer,
Michelle