repairman4734, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  38 years in self-employed major appliance & refrigeration service. Have 2 licenses to do refrig.

I have a french door refrig model GS6SHAXKB01 and I want to

I have a french door refrig model GS6SHAXKB01 and I want to remove the old ice cube maker and install a new replacement, what are the proper steps to remove and replace. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Hi, my name is Farrell & I will be helping you with your problem today. Thanks for your question, it is appreciated. This is not a hard project to do. A little akward maybe. Looking at the icemaker assy. you will see 2 mounting screws above the ice area. Holding on to the icemaker, remove the 2 screws, pull away from the wall and you will see the plug. Unplug the icemaker and remove. Installation is just the reverse. After the new icemaker is installed, throw away the first couple of batches of ice. This seasons the icemaker cavity. Hope this helps, and thanks. Smile
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the quick reply, but there are not two screws to remove above the ice maker. The unit mounts towards the front of the freezer on what appears to be a slide or rack system. There are two grey tabs on the top where screws could fit but the back of the unit is about 9 inches forward of the back panel. I cant see any release tabs to unlock the unit and slide it out. ????

Hi Bob, sorry bout that. Relook at the icemaker. The 2 bracket hold the icemaker in place. Look underneath the icemaker. You should see a metal bracket with a lockdown screw. Remove that screw. Tip the icemaker out from the bottom and drop down out of brackets. If brackets won't release, look again for bracket mounting screws, and loosen. Hope this helps and thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Found the lock down screw on a plastic bracket on the bottom right side and the unit released. Thanks for your help. Bob

Hi Bob, thanks for the info. Any further questions, I am usually here for you. Have a good day, and thanks.
Hi Bob, thanks again, for letting me help you, it is appreciated.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here