Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Helo i have a Maytag refrigerator.The digital read out on the

Customer Question

Helo i have a Maytag refrigerator.The digital read out on the front of the frig flashes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today, is it showing an error code ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK.Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Does this seem to be cooling okay ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is not showing an error code. It is not sooling well in the frig section.

Freezer freezes.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay well that may change soon. The freezer may start warming up. they have a lot of trouble with these refrigerators. the main control board is failing. Main Control Board 12920710        Main Product View this will need to be ordered and replaced quickly before it all starts to defrost. heres a link to order it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/12920710/1206507?modelNumber=MFI2568AEB?RCAID=1000065 its number 13 on this diagram.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just noticed the evaporator fan is not turning but my green Lee electrical beeper tester shows electricity at the fan.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Mmm, whats the voltage ? it should be 12 volts DC is it ? the digital readout on the display didn't have an FF in it while it was blinking ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No sir. No ff code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This fan fas 3 wires: Can you tell me which 2 wires should be tested for 12 v.?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The fan is a 12 volt evaorator fan . Yes.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay the fan is bad , you will need to replace it. Now the control should have gave you an error code like FF (freezer fan) but it just flashes so thats a little strange.do you have a supply house near you to pick up a fan ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Any suggestions on part numbers and supply houses would also be appreciated. Thank you. Can you tell me what the flashing of the digital board usually indicates?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

And will i have to reprogram this board once i install the evap fan?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
well they changed the way these control alerts you to an issue, this is what you need. Evaporator Fan Motor 67006968, I'm downloading the tech sheets now.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
try this.

Service Test Mode:

The service test functions are performed using the refrigerator display and keypad. Enter the Service

Test Mode by performing the following sequence of events:

1. Press and hold the Door Alarm Keypad .

2. Press and hold Refrigerator Temperature Up Keypad .

3. Release the Door Alarm Keypad and wait 3 seconds.

4. The Freezer display will display SE confirming entry in the Service Mode.

5. Press the Refrigerator Up Keypad again to confirm entry in the Service Mode.

6. Display will show 101 in left display and numeric or dashes in right display.

7. Press Freezer Up Keypad and Freezer Down Keypad to toggle through

Service Test numbers.

Service Specification

Service Test - 112 Freezer Fan

• Press the Refrigerator Up keypad and Refrigerator Down keypad to toggle Freezer

Fan On High speed, Low speed and Off.

NOTE:

Freezer display will show state 0.0 for OFF, 11.0-14.0 volts for High speed or 7.75- 8.25 volts

for Low speed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If if were to actually replace the mothjer board in back.Can you give me the reprogramming sequence.At the digital display. I believe it includes entering :the code."That is inside the refrigerator.Thank You for your help.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Programming Mode:

NOTE: The Program Code is located on the Serial Plate on this unit after the word Code.

2. Press and hold Freezer Temperature Down Keypad .

4. The control will display PE to indicate the programming mode.

NOTE:

If the Program CODE is correct, the Programming Mode is exited by pressing Door Alarm

Keypad for 3 seconds.

7. Press the Refrigerator Temperature Up Keypad or Refrigerator Down Keypad to

change the digit value with each key press.

8. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the Freezer Temperature Up Keypad to

select the next digit.

9. Once the desired Program CODE is entered, press and hold the Freezer Temperature Down Keypad

until the Program CODE begins flashing indicating it has been saved.

NOTE:

If you attempt to enter an invalid Program CODE the control will not save the new code, but will

beep. (The unit will NOT run with a Program CODE of 0000).Once the Program CODE has been

saved the Programming Mode is exited by pressing any key. If the new code is incorrect this

process should be repeated.

The Programming mode can be exited at any time by pressing Door Alarm key for 3 seconds or

will exit if unattended for four minutes.

5. Entry is confirmed by pressing the Freezer Temperature Down Keypad once more.

6. The control will display the current Program CODE. This value should be validated with the

Program CODE printed on the unit serial plate.