Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

f01 and e01 are showing up all of a sudden on my maytag maxima

f01 and e01 are showing up all of a sudden on my maytag maxima washer
i found a zipper piece and coin and removed it between the tub and basket
now it's still not working, what do i do?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately F01 and E01 is a very straight forward error. It means that your main CCU (central control unit) has shorted and will need to be replaced. You can try to unplug the washer to see if it resets but if not, the control board will need to be replaced and it's mounted under the top panel of the washer in the front right corner. Possibly the stuff stuck in the tub caused the motor to strain and short out the CCU? Either way, the part is usually about $200.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!