Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Oven will not heat to 450. Model number ME271ES/06

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! What exactly happens if you program it to 450* F?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It heats to something less than that - more like not quite 400.

Okay, is the temperature difference the same pretty much no matter what is set?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, it heats to 350 just fine and can get to 400. It just does not seem to want to get to the higher temperatures.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It stops heating at 425.

Thank you! I suspect the oven temperature sensor is at fault. This part is very easily replaced from the inside of the oven. Once the screws are removed, the sensor will pull out and unplug and the new one can plug in. The correct sensor for your model is pictured and available below!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Oven Sensor <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Part is very back ordered. I hope that the fix you are suggesting works. I won't be able to tell until I can get the part.

Thank you.

There is no time limit so just let me know if you have any questions, no matter how long it takes!