Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Kitchenaid Whisper Quiet dishwasher is not filling with

My Kitchenaid Whisper Quiet dishwasher is not filling with water. At most, it just hums. The model number is XXXXX
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Can you tell if it is the water valve that is humming?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I can't tell. Could you tell me how I would be able to determine that?

Sure! Do you have a meter to test voltage with? If not, that's okay, we just need to approach a bit differently.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not have a meter.

No problem at all! Can you remove the access panel from below the door, please? Once off, let me know, please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I got it off

Great! Go ahead and start a wash cycle and feel the water inlet valve on the LH side and see if it hums or vibrates. Let me know what you find, please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. I think it is humming. I start the cycle, 30 seconds later it hums for 5 seconds. Off for 30 seconds, then starts humming for longer.

Okay, great! You are certain the water is turned on to the machine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I could check, but no work has been done, and no reason to have turned it off.

I understand, thank you. Well, you have power and water to the valve, so that would make the valve faulty. The correct one for your model is pictured and available below. Nice job!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Water Inlet Valve <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!