Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Kenmore top load washer that the unit wont run and the lid

Kenmore top load washer that the unit won't run and the lid lock light keeps blinking. At first the lid won't open up at all, until I unplugged it for about 10 mins and plugged it back in and it then got it open.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

So when the lock light keeps blinking thats an error that the door lock has failed. Door Lock W10404050 Main Product Viewthis is a common issue on these machines. first though is there any water in the machine that didnt drain ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No there no water.

Okay, You need to replace the lid lock assembly. These machines wont start until the lid is closed and locked. when you close the lid it acuates the lid switch then the machine can be started and the lid will lock. you can order the part at the following link if you wishes and there a video there one how to replace it. thanks and best wishes, Bryan