Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore side-by-side refrigerator. The model number

I have a Kenmore side-by-side refrigerator. The model number is XXXXX Several months ago a leak was discovered in the cooling coil and the system had to be recharged. Since then the refrigerator portion has been running cold - to the point of producing ice. I turned the temp up to 40 degrees. As a result the icing has stopped, but now the refrigerator is very humid. In fact, I have to keep a dishtowel on the bottom shelf to collect the moisture. Help.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the full model number so we can better assist you ? it didnt come through, try putting a space between each number.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here is the product # XXXXX the model number:

Product - refrigerator 0 1 7 5 0 U 3 0 0 0

Model # 4 0 1 4 0 4 8 3 8 0 0

I also have a master protection agreement for this appliance.

Okay got it thanks. now one things you need to check is the ice chute in the freezer door. is the flap closing tightly ? how about your gaskets are they in good shape and seal tight ? all the way around both?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Checked. The ice machine flap is closing tightly and the door gaskets on both doors are well seated and have a nice seal.

Okay good. It sounds like this is overcharged. usually when there moisture in the refrigerator section is from moist outside air getting into the refrigerator someway. the only other way would be over frosting the coils in the freezer and when it defrosts there is a lot of moisture from that. I would have them recheck the freon levels if this was overcharged it can blow the compressor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So, it sounds as if I need to schedule an appointment?

I would, dont let this go to long if it is overcharged (to much freon) its bad for the compressor seals.