Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a bosch dishwasher less than 2 years old it has been

I have a bosch dishwasher less than 2 years old it has been running fine. We also have a whole house was filtration system. Yesterday I changed the filter. I turn the water off to the house open a tap and let the water run out until it doesn't run any longer. I change the filter and turn the water back on. Of course there will be some air in the lines. Well since I changed the filter the dish washer when started runs for a minute or two and the the "check the water inlet" alarm comes on. The dishwasher should be getting water the sink right next to it is. The water shut is on the other side of the house so nothing got turned off in the filter change process. What are your thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Turn the breaker off for at least 5 minutes and then run the water at the sink to bleed the air (if you haven't already). Will it then start a cycle?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I will turn the breaker off be back. thanks. The air in the sink line has been bled off already. be back in 5. you will still be here?

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.
I will be here, I will not leave until I hear back from you.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

that did not fix the problem

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.
Okay, did it try to fill and then error or did the error display right away?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

looked like it tried

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.
Okay, do you have a meter to test voltage with or did you hear the valve humming or buzzing? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I have ammeter but I did hear it humming brb with the model

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.
Okay, so if it was humming, it is getting energized. So now we just need to see if the valve on the dishwasher is getting water to it. Can you remove the water line and see if the water is coming through?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

she55rf5uc/68

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.
Thank you! How about the water supply to the valve, is it good?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

how do I do that I need to pull the dish washer out?

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.
No, can you just turn the water off under the sink and take the water fitting loose under there?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I will see

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.
If you can post a picture I can mark it if you want.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

did you see my last reply about water dripping from the valve?

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.
I am sorry, no, it did not post.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

while closing the valve I was getting some water leakage from the valve stem. That tells me that there is water at the valve

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.
I agree, so the valve on the dishwasher is getting water and the humming indicates it is getting voltage. So, this means the valve is not opening and will need to be replaced. The correct valve for your model is pictured and available below as well as a link to a video showing how to replace it!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Water Inlet Valve <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Repair Video <----- CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX that this valve would go bad on the day that I turn the water off

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.
Yes, the timing is odd. I wonder if some sand or other particles got flushed through and plugged the screen?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX good one

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.
You as well, thank you!