Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a GE Profile over the range microwave model #JGB915SEF1SS.

I have a GE Profile over the range microwave model #JGB915SEF1SS. the light blew out with a bang and an arc that shut the breaker. After removing the broXXXXX XXXXXght bulb and resetting the breaker the microwave does not turn on. completely black on the control panel. Help.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Something shorted out if it arced and blew the breaker. It would have blown the internal fuse, too. Do you have a meter to test with?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

unfortunately no

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

unfortunately no.

Okay, well I think we can know for certain that the fuse is open, so that is not an issue. However, it is very unusual that a light would short to that degree, so I believe there are other issues. In addition, there is a certain degree of danger in microwave servicing due to the very high voltages present (> 3,000 VAC!) and the large capacitor that will hold a lethal charge for a long time, even while unplugged. Are you comfortable with this and can you get a meter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you think it may have tripped a fuse or just needs to be reset. i do not have a meter and would have to purchase one which I am not prepared to do.

I don't think it will just need a fuse. If it arced, there is something beyond the bulb that has failed. Especially if it tripped the breaker, too.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your effort. i will call a GE repair man.

I understand, that is probably the safest thing to do. If you change your mind, I will be here to help!