FixAll
FixAll, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I currently work for one of the largest appliance repair services in the country. I service laundry and kitchen
68072958

My whirlpool dishwasher wont start. There is power, have replaced

My whirlpool dishwasher won't start. There is power, have replaced the control board, panel lights work, start button does NOT work. When put in reset mode manually, it goes into "heavy" wash cycle automatically but indication light is green on "drying" mode.
Submitted: 1 year ago via PartSelect.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  FixAll replied 1 year ago.

FixAll :

HI thanks for choosing Just Answer, do yo have a model number by chance?

Customer:

not on hand but this is the part #

CONTROL PANEL PART # XXXXX
Customer:

sorry that's the panel I am looking at purchasing

FixAll :

how old is dishwasher?

Customer:

about 4yrs Part Number: W10039780

Customer: DU930PWSS0 Whirlpool Dishwasher
FixAll :

yes thats control board, but if the control lights up its most likely not bad

FixAll :

when yo say you put it in reset mode are you talking about the cancel button?

Customer:

the indicator lights are off. as it is running in wash mode it lights up in drying mode

FixAll :

a hok

FixAll :

ah ok

FixAll :

so only some of the lights work?

Customer:

when I reset it all lights work and it default to "heavy" wash cycle, however the "drying" light is on while washing. the start button does not work at all

FixAll :

you can hear it washing ?

Customer:

not the cancel button. alternating the two middle buttons (sorry I am not at the dw) until panel lights up

FixAll :

what buttons are you hitting to reset?

FixAll :

oooh yes that is not a reset

FixAll :

that is a diagnostic mode

FixAll :

they all light up because its made to detect error coes

FixAll :

codes

Customer:

oh ok. well it starts the wash cycle

FixAll :

yes that is a test

Customer:

new panel?

FixAll :

if yo go thru that sequence again it should come ot of that

FixAll :

doesnt sound like a bad panel no sounds like yor just in the wrong mode

Customer:

I can put in other wash modes but start button does not work, nor does delay wash. I can select cycle type and cancel button work.

FixAll :

yes this all sonds like its in diagnostic mode

FixAll :

if yo know where the breaker is

Customer:

yes

FixAll :

yo shold try and sht it off for 5-10 minutes and turn it back on see if it corrects problem

Customer:

tried that too

Customer:

this is at a rental property and the front of the panel has worn thru on the start button

Customer:

meaning the protective pvc plastic over the button has worn off

FixAll :

oooh

FixAll :

yes then yo need the toch panel

FixAll :

touch panel

FixAll :

sorry

FixAll :

misunderstanding you

Customer:

it appears that there are several layers of plastic and that it is just the black plastic so I think it is still protected however a new panel seemed to be the answer

Customer:

not a symptom of temp fuse?

FixAll :

yes there are several layers but if it has worn thru it will not operate correctly

FixAll :

temp fuse will show no lights at all

FixAll :

will be dead

Customer:

ok. that's it then. thanks for confirmation

FixAll :

no problem at all!

FixAll :

if you have any other questions feel free no charge.

Customer:

ok thanks. have a good evening

FixAll :

you too

FixAll, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I currently work for one of the largest appliance repair services in the country. I service laundry and kitchen