FixAll
FixAll, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I currently work for one of the largest appliance repair services in the country. I service laundry and kitchen
68072958

Electrolux dishwasher model FDB2410HIC2A - fills and empties

Customer Question

Electrolux dishwasher model FDB2410HIC2A - fills and empties as it should but pump does not appear to function for wash and rinse cycles - there is no sound to indicate that the pump is functionning. Could this be a problem in the control panel?

The reason I suspect the circuit board is that the pump works on its drain function but not on its wash function. Also there was a power outage recently when the dishwasher was operating which might have impacted the circuit board

Category: Appliance
Expert:  FixAll replied 1 year ago.

FixAll :

HI thanks for choosing Just Answer, does it make any noise after fill at all or just silent?

Customer:

Just silent

FixAll :

Ok sounds like you have got debris caught in the pump this usually will burn out the pump. Would require to buy another pump and replace it.

FixAll :

This have 2 separate pumps for drain and for wash.

Customer:

I thought it had just one pump that reverses for the wash function. Not so? Looking at the electrolux parts manual I can only see one pump and it does work on the drain function

FixAll :

let me double check

Customer:

You may be right. I now see a part called a sump assembly which could be what I am calling the drain pump. So that would mean there are two pumps

FixAll :

yes it has 2 pumps, but it is not the sump assemlby if yoru looking at a parts breakdown its a small piece to the right of the sump assembly that is the drain pump, the other main pump which will be the culprit is on the left fairly big compared to other

Customer:

Thanks!

FixAll :

do yo have any other questions?

FixAll, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I currently work for one of the largest appliance repair services in the country. I service laundry and kitchen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I replaced the wash pump as suggested - did not solve the problem. Also bench-tested the original wash pump and it works fine. So more likely the problem is in the control board. Both the new and old pumps worked briefly on the the rinse and hold function then went silent and now do not work at all. Just dead silence after the drain and fill functions are completed.

As mentioned earlier the washer was on when we had a power outage, so might have been a power surge that fried something. The washer has not worked since that event. I see a small fuse in the control assembly but it is not blown - my visual inspection of control assembly does not reveal a problem. Lights all work on the display board and the drain and fill functions operate normally - just no action from the wash pump when the washer progresses to that part of the wash cycle.