Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.
15929851

GE Adora WHDVH626FWW - will not start. The machine will just

GE Adora WHDVH626FWW - will not start. The machine will just beep when the start button is pushed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

repairguy :

Hello my name isXXXXX will assist you today

repairguy :

It sounds like you are having trouble with the door switch

repairguy :

We will need to try a couple of test, please let me know when you are ready

Customer:

I'm not available for about another hour, can we chat then?

repairguy :

Sure just let me know when you are ready, you will need a piece of wire about 3 inches long stripped on both sides

Customer:

OK, I'm back.

repairguy :

Sorry for any delay I too just got home from work

Customer:

No problem.

repairguy :

So know when you try to start a load, your unit will just beep at you? Does it sound like the same beep when the door is open?

Customer:

Not sure, I don't think we have ever heard a beep with the door open.

repairguy :

Also for whatever reason your model number is XXXXX coming up in any of my parts searches can you please take another look at the model number tag and give it to me again

repairguy :

Does your unit have a light in the drum?

Customer:

No light. I couldn't find the model number on the unit, but I found it written on the front of the owners manual.

Customer:

I checked the number, it is correct.

Customer:

I googled the model number and I got a picture of the unit. So I'm pretty sure it's right.

repairguy :

yeah i just did the same, I am looking for a picture of all the parts, give me a second let me see what I can track down

repairguy :

ok i found what I was looking for,

repairguy :

First off I need you to unplug the unit, then remove the top, there should be two or three screws holding it on, then slide it off

Customer:

OK, we already did that.

repairguy :

If you look down the side where the door lock is there will be a wire harness that goes to the lock, remove the wires

Customer:

OK, did that too...

repairguy :

two wire or three

Customer:

There are three wires/connections.

repairguy :

colors please

Customer:

Sending my runner to check...

Customer:

The top connector has four wires: white, light blue, dark blue and brown. The middle connector has three wires, red, yellow and orange, the bottom connector has two wires, yellow and orange.

repairguy :

all going to the door lock mechanism?

Customer:

Yep

repairguy :

Did you see any literature attached to the sides or the top when you removed the top?

Customer:

Yep, a wiring diagram

repairguy :

i just found one on line

repairguy :

Can you hear the door lock engage at all?

Customer:

No

repairguy :

orange yellow should be the two colors on the two wire connector to jump together, please do so and let me know if unit starts

Customer:

Not sure what you mean by "jump together".

repairguy :

Put one piece of the wire I told you that you would need, in the wire connector and then attach the other end to the other color wire, this will eliminate the switch

repairguy :

You said you already cleaned out the trap right

Customer:

Yes.

Customer:

Still not sure what you need me to do with the wire.

repairguy :

With the power off, you insert one end in the connector on one side and the other one on the other side, but I have been investigating the entire time we have been chatting and everyone is having to replace this door lock. Would you like me to get the part number for you?

Customer:

Sure, that seems easier/.

repairguy :

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Lock/WH10X10006/1168668?RCAID=1000116 this link will take you to a website that you can buy the part from, the best part about this website is they have a very liberal return policy, on the odd chance you get a defective or wrong part.

Customer:

OK, that sounds good. I will check them out.

Customer:

Thanks for your help.

repairguy :

Anytime, when your part arrives if you have trouble with the install let me know. Also please take a second to rate my answers before you leave tonight, if you dont mind that is how we are rated.

Rick, Repair Guy
Experience: 25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.