Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a GE Profile Arctica Refrigerator. The temp. has always

I have a GE Profile Arctica Refrigerator. The temp. has always been set at 5 for both the refrigerator and freezer side. For the last year or so, ice and frost has been collecting around the ice dispenser and discharge chute. I chip it away, but it keeps coming back. Now it's clogs up, and the ice can't come through. Mod. no. is PSS25M6MA.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! If you look down the ice chute from inside the freezer door, can you see the seal of the ice chute (number 62) and does it seal tightly?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The only thing I see is a flap with a gap around the bottom half. Is that the seal?

Yes, it is at the bottom of the ice chute and seals the opening. There is a gap there that you can see daylight through?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, does it appear that the seal itself has been damaged, comparing to the picture below?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. looks like the edge of the bottom half has curled inward, preventing it from sealing.

Great! That would be the problem! A good problem to have, that part is very inexpensive and easily replaced, it just snaps into place. The correct part is available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Kelly. I bought the ice chute seal. I took the old one out through the bottom of the discharge chute, being that it was curled over. How do I replace the new one since both openings are to small?

The video below will show you how to access that easily!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Kelly. The job is finished!

Excellent, very well done! You have a great afternoon and enjoy some ice dispensing now!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Thank you!