Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Bosch dishwasher stuck in drain cycle, drain pump will not

Bosch dishwasher stuck in drain cycle, drain pump will not shut off. Small jet of water coming into drain area. Pump runs even with door open
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! You have water in the base of the machine which has actuated the flood switch. It will not shut off until you dry the base out. Removing the access panel under the door will give you access to dry the base out. You can use towels to soak up the water or tip the machine forward if you want to pull it out of the cabinet. Once all the water has been dried, you will have restored normal operation.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about the jet of water entering drain area
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That jet of water is displaying because the drain pump is moving water in the sump. Because there is little water in the tub, it is also moving air, so you see that display. if you have more questions, you can just reply and not rate poorly. I am committed to answer every question you have until the problem is resolved and you can rate OK or better!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Once you get the lower access panel removed, you will see a red rod just to the left of the pump. It has a styrofoam block on the bottom of it. That block floats and activates the flood switch. Once the block can sit back down on the base, you will have a working dishwasher again!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave.

If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to respond to you but have not been able to get thru
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure why you are having trouble but I sure am sorry about that. I got this message, maybe it was a site error that has been corrected now.