Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP
Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.
It sounds like the door switch is faulty. The unit is not recognizing that it is closed. It is also causing the light to overheat and kick off. I would suggest replacing the door switch. Use a flat blade to carefully release the catches on each side of the switch to remove. The part# XXXXX DA34-00006C, $8 at repairclinic.com. If you find this information to assist you, please give me a good to great rating for doing so. Thank you