Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience

I have a Samsung refr,. model RB 1944 SL. After cleaning some

I have a Samsung refr,. model RB 1944 SL.
After cleaning some spilt milk inside, the "open open door" alarm goes off,even as the door is closed.
Temp display shows 65 F, while setting is 43F. It seems to cool however.
Inside light is also off, flipping the the switch in the meter box, the light comes on for a minute or so.
The freezing section is ok.
The beeping nose is annoying

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

It sounds like the door switch is faulty. The unit is not recognizing that it is closed. It is also causing the light to overheat and kick off. I would suggest replacing the door switch. Use a flat blade to carefully release the catches on each side of the switch to remove. The part# XXXXX DA34-00006C, $8 at If you find this information to assist you, please give me a good to great rating for doing so. Thank you