Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a maytag washer no. fav6800awq. The spin cycle does

I have a maytag washer no. fav6800awq. The spin cycle does not work with clothes in the washer, however it does work with the washer empty. also can youwash bathroom carpets with the rubber backing.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, give me a few minutes to bring up your model and take a look. I will be back shortly, thanks, Bryan

OK, I found your machine, have you checked the belt? Is the belt loose or worn? Drive Belt 25001054        Main Product ViewYou will need to remove the front panel To access the belt .There are clips on each side about 4 inches in you need to push in with a putty knife and lift the top. Then you can remove the screws that hold the front panel on. Let me know when you have the chance to do that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the repair man that was here checked the belt and said that was good, but it would need a clutch ,center seal and a bearing . approx cost 500.00

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the belt mis good

if I were you I would think about a new machine. these are not good machines to dump money into.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

are ther any particular machines that you might recommed, lg,samsung,whirlpool,maytag,ge? some maybe more repair prone. thanks.

Whirlpool is probably the best out there right now. Today machine are all electronic so you want to go with something thats easy to get parts for and work on yourself , Whirlpool is probable the easiest. you can do repairs yourself in most cases. Not to say they fail a lot but things do happen. the front load duets not bad at all. I would look into one of them.