Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Washer LAT9706AAE. Fills with water then doesnt agitate.

Washer LAT9706AAE. Fills with water then doesnt agitate. Does not drain or spin as well.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

There is a good chance the lid switch has gone bad. You need to unplug the unit. Then remove the 2 inside phillips screws on the console. The console will flip forward and the lid switch is right there. Check the large brown lid switch see if it clicks when the lid is opened and closed. If you see a larger white switch with a plug going to it that is the newer style one and is going to be bad and the likely cause of all the issues you are having. The new style switch goes bad all the time