Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

I have a Dacor Schott Ceran cooktop that is cracked and Dacor

I have a Dacor Schott Ceran cooktop that is cracked and Dacor no longer carries the part. Is it possible to find a replacement? The model number is XXXXX made in 2002.

Jon :

Hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Dacor service tech and I can help you today.

Jon :

With the full model and serial number I should be able to track down the top for you if it is available. Just going to have to check bunch of my warehouses to do so.

Jon :

So please stick with me as this will most likely be time consuming. But I will get back to you with some news by Wednesday.

Jon :

Do you happen to know the part number to the cooktop glass?

Jon :

The model number you list comes back a gas cook top and not for an electric.

Jon :

can you please find me the right model number? without the model number or part number for the cooktop glass I cant help you.

Jon :

Thanks

Customer:

The part number is XXXXX R standing for white.

Customer:

The model number listed in the broiler is RSE30RF. It is a Dacor range.

Customer:

I've checked the model number several times and that's definitely it. I think I got the part number out of a Dacor manual.

Customer:

Thanks!

Customer:

Serial is J-A-02440090

Customer:

Date: 10-29-2002. Color white

Jon :

you got it. Thank you for that info. I'll check it now.

Customer:

whoever thought of making a white glass stovetop obviously never cooked!

Customer:

I appreciate your help.

Jon :

I hear you. And black really isn't any better.

Jon :

I have found it.

Customer:

really?

Jon :

yes. it shows out of stock but the factory does have it.

Customer:

that's great. please advise how to go about ordering. Is there a pic available? Price?

Jon :

usually if the manufacture no longer makes the part the warehouses will say discontinued or no longer available. In my warehouses it shows as an order-able part. Just a special order part.

Jon :

here is a link to where you can get the part. just click on the image below to open the link.

Jon :

you can order the part directly through the website i have given you in the link. The part is about $470. And once order is placed they will send it out to you.

Jon :

just get back to me here if you have any questions. thanks.

Customer:

thank you so much! I would have spent forever trying to find this myself.

Jon :

please remember to rate my performance positively below with ok service or better rating if you feel that I have helped to answer your questions. and if you have more questions after rating me please get back to me here and I will help you again for no additional charge.

Jon :

you are very welcome. glad i could help.

Jon :

are you still there?

Jon :

do yo have any other questions for me now? if not, please remember to rate my performance positively below now. Thank You.

Customer:

just went and ordered the part. I'm very pleased, thank you.

Customer:

It was definitely the White one, not the black one, right?

Customer:

I will rate you excellent right away.

Leslie,

That is the part number as per factory. If you have any issues when you receive the part rest assured you can return the part for a full refund. But I am sure the part is white and will come damage free to you.

Please get back to me here if you need any other help and I will help you you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again for the positive rating and very generous bonus. It is greatly appreciated.