Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Water will not drain away once lo ad is why not? How to f

Water will not drain away once lo ad is why not? How to fi
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon :

Hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Bosch service tech and I can help you today.

Jon :

What is the full model and serial number found on your machine?

Jon :

The numbers are located just behind the door. So open the door and look for the sticker just around the door opening.

Jon :

Most of these machines when they dont drain have either a clogged drain filter or drain pump. And the filter can be checked easily by removing the filter port cover on the front of the washer door panel.

Jon :

tell me what model washer you have and I will better assist you.

Customer:

Not at home . New 7.5 appliance which I have not managed to get working at all yet.

Jon :

oh. okay. thank you for that info.

Jon :

so this machine is brand new? And you haven't even been able to get it working at all? Nothing? Do the lights come on in the control panel?

Jon :

I know you are not at home right now. Please tell me a little more about what has happened with your washer and I will be able to tell you a few things to look for when you get home.

Customer:

no cannot work it. yes lights come on. I need simple directions to wash a light load of mixed cotton clothes.

Jon :

ok.

Jon :

since you dont have the model number right now I cant tell what model you have but almost all Bosch washers are the same. So please try this.

Jon :

For mixed cotton clothes, either color or whites, it is best to wash the clothes in cold water. It is always more energy efficient for you to run a cold wash and cold rinse.

Jon :

so set the clothes into the washer and close the door. next fill the detergent cup with no more then 2-3 ounces or 1/3 cap full of detergent into the dispenser and close the dispenser.

Jon :

Then set the washer onto a normal or regular cycle at no more then medium to large water load size and again with cold water and set it to start.

Jon :

if your model has an option to extra rinse, dont select it, you dont need it.

Jon :

its just that easy.

Jon :

no if you have more delicate material you need to wash then set the washer to the delicate cycle and don't run more then a medium load size.

Customer:

But how do I do that? How do i set the temperture? Another thing it that the machine seems to set itself to run for an hour and does . Isn' that ttoo long for light clothes. I know there is a15 minute run but...

Jon :

What was the issue with the water not draining? You explained above in your initial description that your washer was not draining. How did you know it wasn't draining if it was washing or doing anything at all?

Customer:

Thank you set the washer onto a normal or regular cycle at no more then medium to large water load size and again with cold water and set it to start. How? where?

Customer:

Because I was left at the end of an hour or more's washing with water in the bottom of the machine.

Jon :

again, this all depends on your model but you should have a timer with a knob that will let you select the wash cycle. if you dont have a timer then you have an lcd display. and you will need to hit your options button to scroll through the wash options to set it.

Customer:

what is lcd?

Jon :

And your washer is constantly going back to the last wash cycle that was selected to make it easier for you in the future. But if it was set to a quick wash cycle, then that is no good for you.

Jon :

please tell me do you have timer knob that you turn to select the wash cycle? or do you press buttons on a control panel?

Customer:

press butttons

Jon :

An lcd panel is a liquid crystal display that displays the options in your machine.

Jon :

ok so you press buttons. good.

Jon :

there should be a button your machine that lets you select different wash cycles.

Jon :

and again some models are different so with out the model number it is hard for me to tell you exactly what buttons to press.

Jon :

but there should be a button like regular wash or cotton wash or normal wash.

Jon :

It would really help me help you if I knew your model number. Do you have any way of looking up your model now?

Jon :

are you still with me?

Customer:

I will have to go back to my machine but I have read the instrctions carefully and have not understood what to do. I am not unintelligent but I am elderly. There are several buttons and I have tried the one suited to my needs It did go through but ended with damp clothes and a small amount of water. On taking out teh weet clothes and pushing 'drain' it went through a whole cycle and left me with more water. Can I get the installers to return? I could try to get teh number but I would have to close this connection temprarily

Jon :

Once you get me the model info i can pull up the use and care manuals for you so you can look them over and see exactly how to operate the machine. on any cycle.

Jon :

ok. here is what you need to do.

Customer:

WAE 22462AU

Jon :

first. when you get home unplug the machine for ten minutes. then power it back on after plugging it in. Then hit the regular wash or normal wash button after filling the washer with your clothes and detergent. the machine will automatically set it self accordingly. this one is far to advanced. so it will set itself to the cycle you select.

Jon :

then hit the start button and the washer will quickly run the drain motor then should start to fill after about a minute. once it is done filling ti will begin to wash and then rinse and drain two more times and finally spin the clothes some what dry after about an hour or so.

Customer:

Unfortunately cannot unplug the mechine as it right against a wall l cannot reach. Is that esesential?

Jon :

if it either doesnt drain or spin fully the clothes can be left wetter then normal. if that is the case with your washer then please call the Bosch service number for your area and they will come out for free to check and fix the machine for you.

Jon :

no not essential to unplug. it is better if you could reach the plug. if you cant then dont worry about it. do with out unplugging it.

Jon :

its just that unplugging the machine for about 5-10 minutes will reset the control board. we'll just do with out doing that step.

Jon :

run the washer under the normal or regular wash cycle and see if it completely drains and spins out. if it doesnt then call Bosch customer service number that is on the manuals that came with your machine and they will come out to you for free. sicne your machine is new it is under warranty

Jon :

that is the easiest and cheapest way to fix this machine.

Customer:

thank you for your help and patience

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Jill,

It was a pleasure helping you today.

I would just call the company that you bought the machine from or like I said call Bosch directly and they will come out and help you for free since it is under warranty.

They will fix the machine and take care of everything for you.

if you need anything else please get back to me here at any time and I will help you again for no additional charge.

Thanks again.