Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an LG refrigerator model LFX25978ST. The ice make makes

I have an LG refrigerator model LFX25978ST. The ice make makes ice but it will not dispense and the water will not come out of the door either.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

so theres ice in the bin but wont come out the chute and no water either ? when you select the different things like ice crushed ice and water to the lights light up for the one you choose ? is there any noise at all when you press the paddle in ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no noise, the lights are on and the light goes on when the water dispenser is pushed.

okay so at least we know the switch is good because the light goes on.this mean the PBC control board is bad. its part number 500C on this diagram. you need to order and replace it to fix the issue. heres a link to order it. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/LG-Pa rts/Refrigerator-Parts/EBR60070707/0046/795/Model-LFX25978ST/3204/0161000?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=Z1110007&diagramPageId=00005&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=LFX25978ST&subCompDesc=Dispenser%20parts&brandDesc=LG&modelDesc=REFRIGERATOR&blt=11&shdMod=&keyId=500C I hope this helps, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is it difficult to replace? Any idea on the cost?

the board is only $25.00 and its not that bad in this one. just make sure you unplug the refrigerator before taking the dispenser apart. the cover # XXXXX is snapped in and once thats off there are screws.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do you remove the facing part #279B and C?

there are clips on the sides see if number 279C comes off and if there any screws behind it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you pry the cover off with a screw driver ?

A thin putty knife works good.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The small opening between the door and part #291?

part number 279B looks like it comes off all as one piece, the diagrams are vague at best sorry.