Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

How do I unclog my drain line? Epic z. I got the top off of

How do I unclog my drain line? Epic z. I got the top off of the washer. Do I have to take the back off also to get to it? or is there an easier way?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get me the full model number ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is that the # XXXXX washer on bottom of manuel

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

thats not the full model number. check these places and get it off the machine itself. on the back,on the top of the control panel, under the lid or on the side wall.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The back says W10007190 Maytag Epic z front loader

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok. In the detergent dispenser are the following #'s
8540749

4619(NNN) NNN-NNNNthis one is also on the back

W10007190 is also on the back

W10117443A is the # XXXXX my guide.

These are all of the numbers on the machine

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

okay sorry it took so long but I found my tech sheets and will be back shortly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay this is a front loader so if you look way down near the floor there are screws to remove the bottom access panel. tip the machine back and you will see them. remove the panel and then theres a pump with a trap you unscrew and remove any obstructions. be careful there will be water. I usually tip the machine back and lean it against the wall so the water stays in the rear of the tub. get towels just in case. clean the pump trap and that should do it.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much. It seems to have worked. awful nasty. Guess I'll clean it more often

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Thats great ! good yeah keep it clean, I recommend cleaning that about once a month. have a great day and thanks, Bryan