Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I am a small appliance repairmen in a small town. I am working

I am a small appliance repairmen in a small town. I am working on a Samsung fridge which after being powered by a generator for 4 days started to cause a problem. The problem is that the fresh food section is not cold enough. When I went there I could not shut the fresh food light . I kind of know that the switch on these models RB2055SL are used only to trigger something in the board and that it is the board that actually shuts the light out. I may be wrong. Customer did some internet searching and was told that the switch would be the problem. I am not sure. When I isolated one wire from the switch the light actually started to come on and off but on reverse concept i.e. closed switch light comes on open switch light goes off.Can you help me.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

was it the dual switch you tested?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

okay these switches are two way switches. They send a signal to the board and it in turn opens a relay. you are right about that. these switches do fail a lot. I would start by replacing it. the boards not expensive though either. about $56.00
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Another clarification I need in this unit is
to know if the refrigerator fan is interrelated with the door switches at all. The freezer section is cold but fresh food section was still warme even after I disconnected the ligh bulb thinking that the light bulb beeing on was what was causing it to be warme
yes actually the door switches will shut the fan off when you open the door so If ones bad the fan may not even run at all. I will be around if you need me,this question will stay open. thanks , Bryan