Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have 05 1200lrim norcold found the wiring burnt to the A.C.

Customer Question

I have 05 1200lrim norcold found the wiring burnt to the A.C. heater element, had it replaced, only hours later shows no co. reset the circut board, installed new thermistor, after hours later the freezer gets cold but no cooling in refer area kinda lost at this point? help! thankyou.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

It needs to run for at least 24hrs to see if there really is a problem with the refrigerator section since this is an absorption unit and refrigerant goes to the freezer first and cooling is just absorbed in the refrigerator section. Now if you are sure you have let it run long enough and is still not cooling you may not be getting good airflow out the chimney stack. A lot of times a 12 volt booster fan is a good idea to install to improve performance of the unit. Lastly you may have a blockage in the sealed unit. As a last resort you should take the unit out of the cabinet tip it upside down for 24hrs and then put it back up right and try it. This will dislodge any blockage in the line and may save you from buying a new cooling unit.
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info ,however having this rv for over 6 years, in the past it was always obvious that the refer portion was at least starting to cool down after a few hours, Il just let it run and hope for the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info ,however having this rv for over 6 years, in the past it was always obvious that the refer portion was at least starting to cool down after a few hours, Il just let it run and hope for the best. ? how could a human, begin to remove this unit and turn it upside down?

Turning it upside down is a last resort. Sometimes leaving it shut off for 24hrs and restarting it may get it going again. Also check the chimney area around the cooling unit for any yellowish powder around the tubing. If you see any the unit has a leak and may be partially out of gas causing the lack of cooling as well.