Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a whirlpool oven mod#GBD307PDB6 s/n# XXXXX purcahased

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool oven mod#GBD307PDB6 s/n# XXXXX purcahased in 2001. Display is showing
Codes E6 & F2. Works only when it wants too
.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Sorry to hear you are having issues with your oven. I know how frustrating it can be when things don't work as they should! The error code F2 E6 indicates an issue with the touch pad assembly. Specifically, one of the keys is shorted or open. The touch pad may need to be replaced, but there is a trick you can try before replacing the control. Use a hair dryer to heat the buttons up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each one. Be sure to get them very warm but not hot enough to damage. If the error returns, the touch pad assembly will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part link, if necessary.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

i tried the hair dryer trick it worked for awhile now nothing. so i guess i need to replace the touchpad. i need the part link and steps on how to replace it. diagrams would be a great help. thanks

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.
I am sorry to hear it went back to the error code. Sometime the heat will keep it going for a long time, sometimes not so much.

The part you need is available below. To replace it, first turn off the breaker. Then, open the lower oven door and at the bottom of each side trim piece, on the inside, is a very small Phillips screw. Remove both of those screws, one from each side. Once removed, grab the trim piece at the bottom and pull out slightly and then it will pull down and off. Do this for each side. Once the trim pieces have been removed, you will now have access to the screws on the lower outside corner of the control panel you will be replacing. You may have to loosen the screws holding the oven in the cabinet so the oven can slide forward about 1/4", too. Then, you can pull the bottom of the panel out a couple inches and it will lift off, allowing access to the internal components. The main control board is mounted to the back of the panel, so you will need to unplug the panel connector and then remove the screws that secure the control to the panel. If you run into problems, please let me know.

The trim pieces are shown as number 2 in the diagram below. There is one on each side.

The control (number 3) is mounted to the back of the panel (number 1).

The part you need is pictured and available below.

Control Panel <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

thanks very much for your assistance & diagrams. i feel i should have no problems replacing the control panel.

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.
You bet! I will be here if you do, just post back and we can walk through it step by step.