Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Kenmore HE3t front-loading washing machine; dispenser tray

Kenmore HE3t front-loading washing machine; dispenser tray always retains water after wash is completed, sometimes the bleach section still has bleach in it and frequently the fabric softener section has un-rinsed liquid in it. I know these trays work by siphoning and I have thoroughly cleaned out the tray. Also, I have poured boiling hot water thru the dispensing line into the drum, and I have re-leveled the washer itself.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

Have you removed the hoses on the back of the machine, to check the screens to see if they are clogged with any debri, especially the cold water side? IF the water does not come in fast enough, it will not create the siphon..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had not thought of checking supply hoses. I will do that now and return to you. But, it will require about 15 minutes.

How do we communicate at that point?

I will be here, just don't close the page and then respond.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. I will be back as soon as possible.

When/where does the rating process come in?

Once you tell me what you find when you clean the screens if they are clogged up..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Chas, these screens both look clear. The only build-up I see is around the washers...they have some gooky looking stuff. But, I can't see any clogs in the screens. I have re attached the hoses.

Okay then try it, let me know what happens, there should always be a very small amount of water in the tray, by the way did you disconnect it at the washer or at the house side of the hoses, some times there are screens there also, depending who installed them...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Disconnected both sides of the hoses, house and washer side. Screens were on the washer side only.

Okay, try it out again and let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Maybe a slight improvement, but there is still about 1/4cup of water left in the dispenser, most of the water is in the bleach compartment. (I ran an Express wash with a very small amout of clothes)

But did it flush the detergent and fabric softner and bleach in for the wash?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still some fabric softner in the tray, but the bleach and detergent were rinsed out.

The wife wants to do some clothes now, so I'll have to conclude for a while. I will go ahead and approve the payment now if you like and get back to this issue later.

no problem, have a great day

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory