Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My front loading washer was unbalanced. I paused it and redistributed

My front loading washer was unbalanced. I paused it and redistributed the load. When I attempted to continue the cycle, nothing happened. Time remaining is blinking. It is now locked and will not unlock, continue or cancel. Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the full model number so we can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

464MFW9700SQ

The second to last digit may be a 5 v. an S

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
First have you tried unplugging this for 5 minutes to see if it resets?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did unplug but did not wait the 5 minutes. I'll try that now.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well, tried that and it did not work.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay that means we have to go the hard route . first you need to get the door open and the water out. theres a panel in the front under the door there are screws at the very bottom, remove them and then the panel. then reach up inside where the door latches and pull the little ring at the bottom of the latch assembly. Door or Lid Latch Assembly(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product View the ring faces down in the machine. once this is open remove your clothes. let me know when thats done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This might take a while. I've got to find an appropriate screw driver to remove the cover.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay I'll be here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

looks like i'm stuck. I do not have a screw driver that will remove the one screw holding the panel. It's a sun shaped head.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
they are torx crews, you can go to an automotive store or lowes and get a set cheap. its a good thing to have anyway. let me know when you have it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok. i tried to remove the cover. One screw out, but there's something else holding it in place. i cannot readily see another screw. In the meantime, I tried the door again. Although it says it's locked, I was able to open the door and remove the clothes.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay thats good, try closing the door and press cancel drain, will it ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no such button. there was nothing to drain as it was nearly thru the spin cycle. so tub is completely empty. lights still blinking and will not clear with off button.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay try this.

1. Press

PAUSE/CANCEL button on the touch-pad twice.

2. Drain the unit, then check that the drain hose and drain

pump filter are clear of foreign objects.

3. Check the touch-pad/LED assembly by selecting different

cycles and changing the modifiers and options available to

confirm the touch-pad/LED is responding.

4. Unplug washer or disconnect power.

5. Check harness connections.

6. Plug in washer or reconnect power.

7. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic test or any

cycle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

appears to be working with no issues!

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
thats awesome. the control was confused when you opened this. it should work good now. let it finish and then you can open this again. have a great day, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.