Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Maytag Neptune, top loading clothes washer will not start.

My Maytag Neptune, top loading clothes washer will not start. No lights, nothing happens. It did this once, where it wouldn't start, and then me father tried to turn it on and it worked. Now, I am trying it again, and it won't start again.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have a model number ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just looked, and it is not a Maytag neptune. It is a Kenmore Elite with Calypso wash. The only model number I could find was this:

Okay is the panel completely dead ? nothing lit ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, it is completely dead. Nothing is lit.

okay , you checked the socket for power with a lamp or something correct ? it has power ? do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The socket has power. I checked it with my toaster oven. I don't have a volt meter.

well on this machine it could be a lot of different reasons unfortunately. the in line filter is one.Capacitor(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View I really hate to speculate on your issue without having you test things with a volt meter.Since you have no lights or anything that comes on it has to be a power issue. if you can get a volt meter check the filter and see it has power both comming in and going out. its up in the control panel.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, thanks! XXXXX can get a volt meter from a friend, I will check it out.