Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.
15929851

Have a Fisher Pakel Wash Machine and start button wond lite

Have a Fisher Pakel Wash Machine and start button won'd lite and machine won't function. Model GWL15...Rinse cycle won't finish either, when it was working. Please cancel this request if I have to sign up for anything other that this thirty dollar one time fee.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

repairguy :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have over 15 years experience working on Fisher Paykel units,

repairguy :

If you will please give me the model number we can get started

Customer:

GWL15

repairguy :

The unit is dead

Customer:

Poor answer....not whati'sm searching for....need answer other than dead

repairguy :

Im asking not answering

Customer:

Yes....Press start....no light...nothing happens

repairguy :

Please tilt the unit back towards the wall so that it can hold its own weight against wall

repairguy :

Then look underneath at the pump, it will have something simialar to a fan blade on it

Customer:

Yes

repairguy :

please tell me if you see any white marks, rust or water on the pump

Customer:

No white marks but did feel moisture on black part of pump

repairguy :

Do you have a meter that reads ohms

Customer:

nope

repairguy :

Fisher Paykel has corrected the problem since your unit was built, but your unit ran the rail voltage through the pump, so when the seals fail on the pump like yours has or you would have had no moisture at all, they short out and take out the control board. I will get you the part numbers you need to repair this unit along with information on where to purchase. Please give me one second

Customer:

thanks

repairguy :

420325p is the pump it should sell for around $86.65 and the control board you need is 478089usp and it sells for

repairguy :

$145.88

repairguy :

You can call Fisher Paykel direct at(NNN) NNN-NNNNand they will sell you the parts

repairguy :

Also just so you know, the new pump will come with a fuse that you will install inline with the pump and board so this never happens again.

Customer:

Anotherwards, junk it and buy another...fisher paykel is offering no assistance for their error in manufacturing? right?

repairguy :

they do sometimes, the number I gave you is also to customer care, if you call and explain you know this is a issue and stay nice with them they may offer some assistance. I have seen them do complete repairs covered or parts only. You just need to call them be firm that you know this is the problem and you just feel like it is not right.

repairguy :

You are calling Austrailia and they are very nice, just everyone that calls is mad about something so if you get loud with them they shut down. On a personal note, I think these are the best units on the market, no one else works as well as far as I am concerned so i would repair if it were mine especially since they have the upgrade fix

Customer:

Great answer...you get an excellent face....Thanks.......Any other washer that you would recommend that will last over four years?

repairguy :

Samsung or LG

Customer:

Thanks....have read many comments about how bad LG is and some about Samsung....Will probably go with Samsung....Thanks

Rick, Repair Guy
Experience: 25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.